Friday, September 24, 2010

hand of the Lord journal 9*24*10.

today i was able to see the hand of the Lord in my life ...
* i got a little extra sleep because my first class wasnt until 1015.
* i always learn so much in my home & family management class.
* my heart attack from wednesday was fixed. **
* friday = tlc day, we all sit around and watch 'say yes to the dress' and 'four weddings' and just have fun and discuss our future wedding and dress.
* jimmy johns delivered us some free sandwiches to promote us eating there. ***
* the repair man came and fixed our cabinet door so now my stuff isnt open to the viewing eye of the public.
* im happy.

** i took my first chemistry test on wednesday. i have been studying and preparing for this test for quite sometime. we take all of our tests in the testing center and then they put the scantron through as you walk out and as soon as you get out there is a display board that shows everyones score next to their i-number. so i finish my test in a little less than half an hour (she said it would take at least an hour) and i felt really confident about it, however that confidence soon faded as i looked at the grade board. next to my i-number was the dreaded number ... 79%. i had a mini heart attack and was extremely confused as to how i could have done so poorly. i went home in a little bit of a bad mood. today, when i went in to my chem class the teacher handed back the tests for us to go over. i was, of course, not very excited to go over it. after all of the tests were out and ready to be gone over she told us that there had been a mistake in the grading rubric and 4 of the questions had been set to the wrong answer. instantly my interest was peaked and i was very glad to go over the test. turns out that i did not get a 79% but rather a 91%, which was much more what i was expecting. i was so happy! (stephanie kept telling me that a 79% was good and that i should be proud of myself. needless to say, i wasnt. it has been a long long time since i last believed that nothing but an 'A' was acceptable. it is a little weird to be back there, but like it or not [hopefully you dont think im prideful] i am really smart, and i might as well do my best and get good grades rather than slack off and just get mediocre ones.)

*** i have been here for 3 weeks now, and since that time jimmy johns has come twice to give us free sandwiches! not only are they delicious, but they are reasonably priced. i havent actually gone and bought one yet, but i figure if they keep bringing them to me for free i wont ever have to. i guess that is the good thing about living so close to jimmy johns!

<3.

No comments: