Tuesday, September 7, 2010

back in rexy.

well, i made it successfully and safely back to rexburg! stephanie, my roommate from my first semester (who i am living with again this semester) flew over to AZ and then drove up with me. we went all the way from tempe to preston idaho on saturday. then we stayed in preston saturday and sunday night at megan's house. monday morning we were up and out the door by 550am. we made it to rexy about 5 minutes before check-ins started. we stood in a line to check-in, i thought that i was going to freeze, it probably wasn't even that cold, but i guess i got used to AZ weather. then after we both got checked in we went up to the apartment, # 207. we were the first ones there so we had the first pick of the bedrooms, which was what we were hoping for. after we put stuff into our bedroom to save it we went and found some things to put into the bedroom across the hall to save for jill (another roomie from my first semester) & lauren (a friend from first semester who had previously lived with jill). then we started unloading my car. later i went to my storage unit to get the rest of my stuff. i also went with jill to her storage unit to get some of her things, and we were greeted by some dead mice all over her storage unit, it was really gross, and i was glad it wasn't my storage unit. since then we have mostly just been hanging out and having fun before the first day of classes tomorrow. yesterday we went and played wallyball (like volleyball only you can use/play off of the walls) for 3 hours with a bunch of people. it was so much fun, but my legs were definitely sore afterwards, and my arm is a little sore today, but it was all worth it. my two new roommates who i just met when they moved in seem really nice. they lived together before and are already friends. their names are caty and shelby and i think we are going to have a lot of fun living with them this semester. i am really excited about having a fun living situation. tomorrow is my first day of classes, i normally will have book of mormon and my chemistry lab on thursdays, but my chemistry teacher emailed everyone and said we weren't going to have class, so i just have one class tomorrow. i am really excited, it is the second half of book of mormon, i took the first half last semester with the same teacher and i really liked him. i feel like he taught me so much and i am looking forward to having another semester of classes with him. this semester i am taking 6 classes for a total of 15 credits. other than chemistry and book of mormon i am taking, foundation science, intro to family & consumer sciences, home & family management, and intro to foods. i think it will be a good semester, but a lot of work! i will probably be spending a lot of time in the library doing homework and studying. well, i love and miss you all already, but i am so happy to be back with my friends!!


scripture of the day:
Alma 30:60 And thus we see the end of him who perverteth the ways of the Lord; and thus we see that the devil will not support his children at the last day, but doth speedily drag them down to hell.

today i am thankful for:
* roommates that i know and love!
* staying up late talking to my roomies about our lives and boys.
* being able to see megan before coming up to rexburg!
* a car that i feel safe traveling great distances in.
* roommates who all gather in the front room to do homework together.

just in case anyone wants my new address it is:
janaya l. johnson
345 S. 2nd W. Apt 207
Rexburg, ID 83440

<3.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm glad you are happy and arrived in Rexburg in one piece. I'm also glad that you got to move in without my assistance. Happy New Semester! Have fun and work hard. P.S. At least the mice were dead, or has she found the live ones living in her boxes?

Janaya L. Johnson said...

no, we haven't found any hiding in her stuff. but last night when we were hanging out in steph and my's room jill was laying on the ground and then started screaming, because she thought a mouse ran on her hand, it didn't, but it was funny. <3.