Tuesday, June 22, 2010

birthday time.

well, my birthday was pretty much the best!! it was kinda weird not to be with family, but it was still so wonderful! i started the day off early, at 8am!! haha, and some of you may be thinking that is not early, but for me, it is. i was woken up by my roommate megan who walked in with my birthday gift!
it was wonderful! when i walked out my door to go to the bathroom i was greeted with this
on the bathroom mirrior. megan had decorated it for me! megan and i ordered our bountiful basket last monday and had to be out to pick it up by 815 so that is why i was up. it was our first time ordering bountiful baskets, which is this way awesome group in certain states (az, id, nv, tx, ut, wa, and wy) and you pay $15 and they have gone out and searched all of the local farms and gotten a large amount of produce and they give you so much of each thing. i am not sure that explanation was very good, but it is really cool. this week in our bountiful basket we got:
a bag of cherries
a bag of fresh green beans
two heads of broccoli
a head of lettuce
a bag of grapes
a cantalope
six bananas and 10 peaches
20 plums
5 tomatoes
a bag of carrots and two avacados
all for 15 dollars!! isnt that insane!?!?!?! it is pretty much perfect for poor college students. enough food to last a week for two roommates, so, its like paying 8 dollars a week for food! too perfect for words, not to mention it is all delicious! then when we got back i was greeted by one of my other roommates nannette who had made me a delicious muffin cake. (all her muffin tins were out on loan, so she just made me a muffin cake instead, much more birthday festive in my mind!) after enjoying some muffin cake megan and i were off to hula!!! that is right, i started taking hula classes. my class is the halau hula kaleona`uhane of rexburg! my instructor is auntie lee. she is pretty much amazing. hula is just about the best thing in my life. not to mention the greatest work out i have ever had. we go for two and a half hours on saturdays, and the majority of the time is spent learning/dancing the hula, which means for two and a half hours i am either dancing or standing in a squat! it is way fun though! i am so excited to learn more and get better. when i got home from hula i enjoyed one of our many plums and then megan came from the mail room to inform me that i had received a package! only problem, she couldn't get the door to open, so i had to go coax the door open before i could get my package. it was from my mom of course. it was really nice, and i liked all of the things in it! she sent me a "do it yourself" birthday cake, that i actually used for my best friend stephanie's birthday the next day. it turned out okay, but it took some magic, haha. i think it just didn't have enough time to cool. then after i opened my package i got ready for the rest of the days festivities. megan did my make-up!
so of course i was looking good. then after we were done getting ready we went and picked stephanie up and her, megan, and I were off to IF (idaho falls) for some food, shopping, and fun! stephanie presented me with a birthday jedi knight pin.
it was quite nice. once we got to IF we went straight to red robin, because we were all starving!
megans burger was probably the biggest thing i have ever seen!
steph got the whiskey river bbq burger.
and i got the whiskey river bbq wrap! which is my favorite!
and, usually it comes with cantalope, but its like they knew it was my birthday and they gave me watermelon instead!! it was really good. then after we were done with our food they pulled out my birthday cake!
it took some strategic planning to get the candles lit, there was a draft coming from somewhere that kept blowing them out! but we finally got them lit and i got to make my wish and blow them out!!
then i got to open my presents from steph! they were great! after that we went shopping at ross, target, fashion bug, and porters. then we headed to the movies. we decided to see toy story 3 in 3D. and ... it was really good! the first 30 minutes were anyways. after the first 3o minutes they had some technical difficulties and could not get the movie to turn back on, so we got our money back, and one day we will see how the movie ends.
after that we just went to the store and bought everything we needed for stephs birthday bbq the next day and headed home! it was a really busy birthday, but it was so much fun!!

scripture of the day:
helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you, to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

today i am thankful for:
* megan and stephanie!!! and the fun times they had for me on my birthday!
* my mom, and the package she sent, it meant a lot to me.
* everyone who sent me a letter, text, message, or note! it made my day!!
* this life that i have been given and everyone in it!
* the time i have had, and will have to become more like the Lord.

<3.

5 comments:

Dianne said...

It sounds like you had a busy, wonderful day. I am glad you were born 22 years ago!

missykac said...

Wow! You really made GREAT use of the day! Sounds like you chose celebrate BIG. I'm glad you had a fun, exciting and VERY active day.
Can't believe that you're 22. I still remember you from your childhood day. You've grown up very nicely though. Love ya lots!
Aunt Kathy

Angela said...

Happy Birthday. What great roommates you have and it sounds like your day was wonderful. 22--you are still so young!

Dianne said...

Your Papi says eat a plum for him.

Janaya L. Johnson said...

i will eat lots of them for him! they are mucho mucho delicious!! <3.