Saturday, May 8, 2010

haircut.

today stephanie and i decided to go and get hair cuts. here are some before shots, we forgot to take actual before shots for me, so i had to find some, but stephs we took right before we went into the hair academy.





when we started out on our day we had a plan set to follow. first i would get my hair dyed black, and then trimmed just a little. next, stephanie would get her hair trimmed and we would be done. simple enough? i think not. i got to the hair salon and instantly wanted a big change! i wasn't really sure what to do though because I had pretty much tried everything there was to offer. i had done short, i had done long, i had done lots of layers, i had done no layers, i had tried punk hair, and i had tried the professional bob, what could i do that would stand out and make people go, "oh my goodness! you cut your hair!" turns out that i really like to "shock and awe" people. so as i am sitting, getting the dye rinsed out of my hair, i see a picture in the book steph is looking at and start wondering. right when liz, my hairdresser, is about to start the process of trimming my hair, i say, "just a second." then i grab the book, show her the picture and say, lets actually do this. stephanie looks like she is about to faint, liz asks to make sure i am sure thats what i want, and i say, "yeah, what the heck, lets go for it." i sat impatiently as she cut, and grew more and more nervous as the minutes went by. stephanie kept laughing. i started worrying about whether or not i had made a good decision. after what seemed like forever liz was finally done cutting, drying, and styling, and i was given back my glasses and allowed to see the final product.



bangs!!! i saw a picture of this lady with bangs and thought to myself, "hmm, now there is something you haven't tried yet." and so i decided to give it a go! i am loving them so far, although it is a little weird! i don't think i have had bangs since i was probably about 7. it is definitely strange, but i like them! well, then stephanie was thinking maybe she wanted to do something new and exciting too. but she was too afraid because she had had the same haircut for like 6 years! and i will be the first to admit, that that first time you make a change is the hardest, and then it gets easier, and more fun after that. I finally convinced her to make a few little changes and in the end it looked so great! she was more nervous than i was i think, but now she looks awesome!!



we just added some swoopy side bangs and more layers. she wasn't sure she liked it at first, but by the power of three witnesses! haha, but seriously, i think she finally decided she really liked it once everyone started complimenting her on it. all in all it was a great day! it definitely didn't go the way we had planned, but i think it turned out better! i love change! i think it is so fun to be able to be one way one day, and a different way the next! i love that you can make life whatever you want! it's so fun to get to try out different looks, and different things and make changes just because you can. <3.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Welcome back to the blog world! I got my hair cut last week and I'm still not sure if your dad has noticed or not. I guess I need to do something a little more wowzah! like you to get his attention. However, I really like my same old, just shorter haircut.
I like you with bangs and black hair, but then I liked you with no bangs and blond highlights too, and with blue hair and with pink hair and when you looked like a poodle a long time ago. My favorite haircut you ever had was the one that Jaron started for you when you were 18 months old and then the salon finished. I really like you with short, short hair!

Angela said...

It is fun hearing from you again. Keep up this blogging thing. Your new hairdo is cute. I'm hoping to get mine cut today. I get the same haircut every 6 months, nothing too unusual for me. But maybe I'll post a picture just for the heck of it.

missykac said...

It's great to hear from you again.
I'm having a hard time believing that you don't naturally have black hair (What DARK brown?) You look darling with bangs! What did you girls do to celebrate? Go to lunch? shopping? to a movie? Hope you did something way fun! How's school? What classs are you taking?
Love ya,
Aunt Kathy