Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the things of my soul.

last night i went to my last RS activity for the grandview ward for 3 months. we were making journals. they gave each of us a "composition notebook" and then we chose 4 pieces of scrapbook paper (2 matching and 2 matching) . then we traced and cut and glued and embellished. i love getting to go to these things with my mom and my sister. we are crafty together. maybe not as crafty as each of us wishes, but it's easy to be crafty when someone else gets everything and sets everything up for you and all you have to do is show up and make it. it was fun. i really liked how my journal ended up. i am not so much for the embellishing. it seems far too unnecessary for me. jessicas was super cute but not around when i took the photo so you're just going to have to hope and pray she puts it up herself. this is mine and my moms.
this is the one thats mine.
they all turned out really cute. when i woke up and saw it today i decided that i really like it. i should have cheated and made two! i am always amazed by the things people think of to make, and usually grateful too. i love having cute things that look like me and fit my personality. i like to be unique, and what is more unique than a handcrafted journal? we also talked a lot about journals and the importance of keeping journals and shared things from different peoples journals. i wish i was better at keeping a journal, but sad to say, i am not. maybe that is something i will work on this coming semester!!

scripture of the day:
2 nephi 4:15 And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.

today i am thankful for:
* being part of the relief society.
* friends who take the time to come and say goodbye to me.
* time.
* the piano and good music.
* my family.

<3.

No comments: