Friday, October 7, 2011

first flurries of fall.

i know. i am just as shocked as you are. snow? in the first week of october? that is exactly what i was thinking. i woke up yesterday morning and got ready for school. i headed off to class. i mentioned to stephanie as we left that it was mizzling. she told me that there was no such thing, but i knew better. anyhow, we left to school. i got to class and it was still mizzling outside. i went in the building and thought nothing of it. i had my class, which was so good! (i love this class!) at the end of class i left the classroom, started walking down the hall, took my phone out to text steph that i was coming to get her (we go to the temple after our class on thursdays) and when i looked up, i saw out the door at the end of the hall ... snow. it was snowing! what??? i didn't think it was very fair at all. and it has been snowing ever since. it isn't really sticking, but i am still not very pleased. i guess that is what i get for living in rexburg. (p.s. as we were walking towards the temple baptistry this little old couple was coming out and the lady said, "welcome to narnia ladies." it was pretty much the funniest thing ever.)
coming out of the temple, you can't really tell that it's snowing, but it is.

scripture of the day:
Proverbs 25:13 As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.

today i am thankful for:
* having a temple so close, where the workers know your name.
* beauty, even if it is cold and unwanted.
* stephanie, and that she goes to the temple with me each week.
* classes that make you want to be better.

<3.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I'm sorry that when my weather finally cools off your weather REALLY cools off. I appreciate you sacrificing so I can finally turn off my air conditioner for a day or 2. I'm glad you and Stephanie get to go to the temple. I love the temple in any kind of weather.