Friday, November 5, 2010

i love to see the temple.

for any of you who got home taught in october you will know that the theme of the home teaching was the temple. my roommates and i all have separate home teachers, but we usually end up sitting in on each others home teaching lessons so i got to hear about the temple and its importance 3 times last month. it was so great and made me realize that i really needed to go to the temple. now ... dont judge me ... but in the three semesters that i have been here i had not et been to the temple here to do baptisms. well, jill and i decided to go wednesday morning. we got up super early (because i had class at 9) and we went and did baptisms. it was so wonderful. i really do love going to the temple. it really changes the way i look at life. i was so happy all day long. i just wanted to do stuff, homework, scriptures, fun, i just wanted to do all of it. i was so happy. well wednesday night my roommate caty mentions that she would like to go to the temple and did we think she should go on thursday or friday. i remembered that my classes from friday were both canceled and quickly voiced my opinion for friday. so, today i got to sleep in and then around noon caty and i went to the temple. i have never been to the temple twice in a week in my whole life but i was so happy to go. i absolutely love the temple. it is such a blessing in my life. i hope to be able to keep up going at least once a week for the rest of the time i am here. i know that it will be such a good thing and really help me to be happier and more successful. i challenge all of you to take the time to make it to the temple this next week. nothing can substitute for the joy you get from going to the temple. i love you all!

scripture of the day:
Mosiah 2: 6 And they pitched their tents round about the temple, every man having his tent with the door thereof towards the temple, that thereby they might remain in their tents and hear the words which king Benjamin should speak unto them.

today i am thankful for:
* being able to go to the house of the Lord and do baptisms for the dead.
* roommates who go to the Temple with me.
* the ability and opportunity i have to be at this school and the blessing it has been in my life.
* a car that allows me the opportunity to serve others by driving them places they need to be.
* medicine that helps those who are sick to feel better (steph has been sick).

<3.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

did you take this picture?

Megan said...

when i come up we should go?

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...

I'm glad you went to the temple - TWICE! I need to get back in my temple routine. It's harder now that I have less free time.

Janaya L. Johnson said...

sica ... no i didn't take this picture. i wish i had though, its amazing. i found it on the lds website for the rexburg temple. <3.

megan ... yes! i am so up for that times 1000! it will be beautiful! <3.

momma ... im glad i got to go too. i had forgotten how much i love the temple! the Lord will help you find the time, i know He will! <3.