Monday, July 5, 2010

much ado about nothing.

well, it has been about a week since i last blogged and yet, i have not been up to much of anything. i feel like i have been really busy. there is always a lot to get done near the end of the semester. i am trying to make sure i dont fizzle out, but it is getting hard. i have been trying to do more spiritual stuff, because lets face it, what college kids doesnt need some extra blessings at the end of a semester. I have been reading from the conference edition of the ensign and preach my gospel. it has been really great to have that added spirit, but also sometimes i feel like it is just adding to my load of things i need to do, but it is worth it. on july 3rd (the day everyone in idaho celebrated july 4th) steph and i just drove out into some fields, found a nice hill looking out over idaho falls and watched the fireworks go up all around us. it was pretty cool. but also a little creepy, just sitting out in the middle of a dark field. haha. i have been getting very excited about coming home for a while. i never realize home much i love home until i am not at home. sunday night my family skyped me while they were all out on the rez for dinner. i was jealous i didnt get to eat any popovers and chili stew, but mostly i was sad i didn't get to spend time with my aunties helping them to make the popovers. i think that is my greatest bonding time with my aunties and i always look forward to it, even if i am not very good at it. i also just miss getting to talk to everyone and see them. i was happy to be able to "talk" to shad on skype. he is getting so big, i feel like i missing out on so much of his life. i also enjoyed talking to the rest of my family, technology is sure amazing. here i am, two states away from them, and yet i was able to see them as though i was sitting with them. what a great blessing in my life! other than that i have just been working on getting my room packed up. i am not getting trunky or anything, but i like getting packed up before finals week, so i dont have any more stress put on me than is necessary, plus i figured that since some of my family is coming up this weekend that would be a good time to get everything moved downstairs and to a storage unit. :) manual labor for free sounds nice to me. so thats the nothing that i have been doing much of this past week.

scripture of the day:
Alma 5: 43-44 And now, my brethren, I would that ye should hear me, for I speak in the energy of my soul; for behold, I have spoken unto you plainly that ye cannot err, or have spoken according to the commandments of God. For I am called to speak after this manner, according to the holy order of God, which is in Christ Jesus; yea, I am commanded to stand and testify unto this people the things which have been spoken by our fathers concerning the things which are to come.

today i am thankful for:
* days off of school that allow you to get lots done.
* a fan borrowed from megan that keeps my room cool during the day so i can get that lots done.
* the movie peaceful warrior. it is one of my favorites!!
* all the many different types of scriptures we have and the ability they have to make me want to be a better person.
* corn dogs.
* technology, and then amazing things it can do.

<3.

4 comments:

Jaron said...

So, uh you're getting some free labor this weekend, huh? You must have a very good Elder's Quorum in that ward of yours!!

Janaya L. Johnson said...

:) or i must have some very very good brothers in that family of mine!! :) its not hard labor, you two boys aren't even allowed to come up the stairs! i was thinking more like assembly line and it will go real fast!! <3.

Dianne said...

Wait, I had to go up the stairs numerous times when I moved you in. How is that fair? It was fun to hear you laughing with the rest of the crowd on Sunday. Almost like you were there with us, but you didn't get to partake of the yummy food. Have fun with your company.

Janaya L. Johnson said...

no its not fair ... but some times that how it works. especially when you have the honor of being a girl and are allowed to go up the stairs. <3.