Monday, October 5, 2009

first snow.

for the last couple of days everyone has been talking about how it is supposed to snow, so i guess i cant really say i was surprised when i woke up to this:

although, i was still a little surprised. snow has always been something almost like a fantasy to me, i mean, i have seen snow before in my life, and i have definitely heard about snow, but i have never walked out my door to head to class in the morning to find that everything i could see was covered in a blanket of fresh white snow. i was a little scared, and walked about 12 times slower than i normally walk, to make sure that i didnt fall on my face, or my butt. and i drove just a little bit more cautiously to make sure i had time to stop without hitting things, and people. and i was a little afraid that by the end of the day i would have decided to pack up my things and head home right then and there, but as the day went on i found that, not only did i not really mind the snow, i actually quite liked it!! there is just such a beauty to the earth and its surroundings when you look at it and everything you see just twinkles. i never knew that snow twinkled before, it is so amazing. it was a great day, but apparently, a miss fire. i am sure it will snow again one day, and i hope that when that day comes i still like it as much as i did today!

scripture of the day:
Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

today i am thankful for:
* the thought God put into making a world that was changing and beautiful.
* the fact that i liked the snow.
* alarm clocks that help me wake up on time so that i can make it to my 745 am class.
* a car (yes again) that allows me to not have to walk to school in the snow, because i dont think i would like it nearly as much as i do if i had to walk up and down a hill in it.

<3.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Oh, I miss the snow. I'm sure it would get old fast if I had to deal with it everyday, but it just makes everything look so beautiful and I love the way it glitters too.