Sunday, October 25, 2009

pima tacos.

well, today was the day i decided to show off my native skills. i broke out the frying pan and made the dough. and surprisingly enough, it was good dough, i didnt need a rolling pin to make the fry bread, i did it all by hand! ha! i really am native. then i started frying them up in the oil and i got out the hamburger and made sure the beans were cooking well in the crock-pot. i cooked everything up and made each of my roommates taste what they had been missing. it was each of their first pima tacos! i was surprised, i thought that at least those from las vegas and san diego would have some idea what i was talking about, but they didnt. but they were good. the beans could have been cooked just a little longer, but all in all, they were delicious, and i showed my true colors.







scripture of the day:
Moses 5:8 Wherefore, thou shalt do all that thou doest in the name of the Son, and thou shalt repent and call upon God in the name of the Son forevermore.

today i am thankful for:
* roommates who think it is the coolest thing in the world that i am native and know how to cook native food.
* sundays and being able to go to church and relax.
* my calling and all that it has taught me.
* my glasses, and the ability they give me to see.

<3.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I loved reading your updated blog. The pima tacos sure were a success. I wish I could have tried one too. It sounds like you have fun roommates and are enjoying yourself. Snow at the beginning of October--YIKES! The paper around your living room was a great idea.

Dianne said...

Yum! Yum! So, by the way, what is your calling?

Janaya L. Johnson said...

im the fhe mom for our apartment, so, yeah, im in charge of fhe and coordinating fhe with our assigned apartments, and making sure everyone goes to fhe like they should, and i am also in charge of sweet swap, and making sure everyone goes to that too. sweet swap is every other sunday and we just have one or two apartments and we go over to the boy apartment and everyone brings dessert and we swap the sweets and just hang out and get to know one another. but so yeah. thats my calling(s). <3.

grandmaC said...

What great callings you have. I am sure you are doing a super duper job. And I loved your blog on the special olympics. Hooray for you! Keep up the great work. Grandma C