Saturday, July 4, 2009

the fourth.

so, as i am assuming everyone knows, today was the fourth of july. i was a little bummed at the beginning of the week when i realized that i would be all alone in my house for this holiday! and then i remembered that i would also be missing my two brothers and i was a little unsure as to how great my fourth was going to be. well, i go to bed last night, at a decentish hour i might add, and at about 915 this morning my phone starts making noise, at first i thought, heck no, im tired, ill just let it ring. but after a second or two i thought about it and i decided to answer. well ... it was my daddy calling to see if i would like to go to breakfast with he and my mom and my sister and her husband. and ... lets face it ... i like to eat. so i said yes. i got up and got ready and headed off to my parents. from there we headed off to ihop where we met my sister, jessica, and brother-in-law, trevor. we had a good time laughing and enjoying ourselves. and we loved eating our tastee food. i had the ham and cheese omelette and my mom had some hawaiian pancakes of some sort. trevor had some strawberry crepe looking things. jessica had the stuffed french toast and my dad had some corned beef hash and eggs, and of course ... pancakes! while we were eating a certain two people, (i bet you cant guess who), started talking about how they wanted to see the transformers movie, this discussion turned into, if we go see the transformers movie, who would go with us? so we started planning a trip to the movies. we decided that our best bet would be the one at the cinemark at 12. it was 1115 when we left ihop and we then had to make a quick trip to safeway and then we headed off to the movies. so, we watched transformers, which i thought was ok, it would have been much better if they would have just left out a few scenes that i found a little risky. but other than that it was good. and i enjoyed it. after that we parted ways and i went and turned in my redbox movie and then went to frys to get some dessert for our cookout and also some stuff for dinner tomorrow. well, around 530ish my mom texted me to tell me that her and my dad were on their way to my aunties for our cookout. so i wrapped up the things i was doing online and headed out. i got to my aunties house and we had some dinner. we had hamburgers and hotdogs and chips and pink salad and potato salad. it was tastee for sure. then we hung out, watched all the different fireworks we could see around the valley. had some dessert and then we left. it ended up being a really great fourth of july!! one of the better fourths i have ever had. i also thought it was cute because both my mom and dad, and sister and brother-in-law were matchy matchy fourth of july colors, it was nice, so i took picture to remember.
well, as you all know, i am not about to be shown up by my mom and dad, and definitely not by my sister and her husband, so when i got home, i rallied my intelligence and found a way to show my red and blue matching all by myself, ha!

also notice the matching balloons behind my head. haha. i didnt plan those they just came out that way, which is perfect, i might add!!! happy fourth everyone! 

scripture of the day:
alma 53: 20 - 21
20 And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold this was not all - they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.
21 Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him.

today i am thankful for:
* the freedom that i am able to have because of the sacrifices that other people have given. 
* my family both immediate and extended and the love that they show me and the time that i am able to spend with them.
* ice that makes water from the tape taste cold and refreshing instead of luke warm and nasty.
* cute little kids who, for no good reason, show love and kindness to people that they dont even know that well.
* holidays that bring families and friends together, and make strangers nicer to each other.
* bobby pins that make it possible to do things with my hair that would be otherwise impossible, or at least improbable. 

<3.

1 comment:

grandmaC said...

What a great way to celebrate!Sounds as if you had a terrific 4th of July - and color coded lso. Families are wonderful aren't they?

I am looking forward to seeing you on your way to BYU Idaho.

Love, Grandma C.