Monday, September 26, 2011

time for change?

so, first day of school i am sitting in my d&c class, listening to my teacher teach. everything he said was so powerful. everything he taught made me feel so ... excited. as i sat there watching him teach i thought to myself, "that would be the most amazing job." and then from somewhere else i heard someone say, "you could do that." i didn't even think anything of it. i went on with my day. my last class that day was one of my MAJOR major classes and i sat there the whole time thinking to myself ... i don't want to do this. this does not sound like what i want to be doing or teaching. but, i just tried to suck it up and keep going. but, the rest of the day i kept thinking back to my d&c class. i could not get it out of my mind. then, tuesday, i woke up and headed to my classes. my second class was another MAJOR major class and again, i sat there feeling so bad, feeling like everything they were talking about were things that i didn't want to teach or do. what? what was this? where was this feeling coming from? i was so completely confused. and that d&c class kept coming to my mind, and those words, "you could do that," wouldn't leave my mind. so i did some pondering, called my mother, went and spoke to some people, and wednesday i dropped most of my classes and got all new ones. that's right people. in the course of two days. and with much thought, much deliberation, some worries, and a whole lot of faith ... i changed my major. i am no longer a family & consumer science education major, but i am in fact a university studies major with a minor in home & family, general education, and spanish ... and the end goal? i hope to be a seminary teacher. i am taking an intro to teaching seminary class and i must admit, it is completely amazing. i love it so much, and every day i go to class and leave feeling like i am exactly where i am supposed to be. i am really happy about the change, even though it popped out of no where and completely threw me off guard. looks like sometimes the plans we make for ourselves aren't the plans the Lord has for us.

scripture of the day:
Psalms 37: 4-5 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

today i am thankful for:
* prayer.
* promptings from the holy ghost.
* powerful teachers.

<3.

No comments: