Wednesday, June 29, 2011

swiss steak?.

so, i called my mom the other day and asked for a recipe for "that stuff you sometimes make on sunday." well, she told me what it was called, but i still don't know. so, i got the recipe and decided to make it. this is mostly for her because she told me to let her know how it turned out. so here goes ...
it was delicious! i cooked it up! and it was so tasty! and we put it over some mashed potatoes that i also made. accompanied by some, very delicious, corn on the cob. it was a very tasty sunday dinner. i am becoming quite the cook up here at school. maybe if my momma is nice it will stay that way while i am hope for the 7-week break! here are the pictures!

cooking is fun! its the dishes after that aren't such a happy time. but i am enjoying being able to cook!

scripture of the day:
Acts 14:17 Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

today i am thankful for:
* yummy food.
* roomies who like to eat sunday dinner together.
* momma's, and how they give you tasty recipes to make tasty food.
* revelation.

<3.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

You're momma is always nice. I will look forward to you cooking for me in a month and if you're nice maybe I'll even wash the dishes. I'm glad it turned out tasty.

missykac said...

When is school out? When will you be passing through Salt Lake? I'd like to try again to be a better hostess and see you this time. I have a returned birthday card for you. Guess I made an error on your address somewhere. Please let me know.

Janaya L. Johnson said...

hey kathy! i should be driving through salt lake on the 24th. i haven't decided for sure yet. there are some things i have to figure out with classes and traveling buddies. i will let you know though! i'd love to see you too! <3.

missykac said...

Thanks, that makes me happy to hear that I haven't ruined my chances! Love ya!