Thursday, May 19, 2011

dinner "with" aunt kathy.

so, everytime that i drive to/from school aunt kathy likes to see me and treat me to dinner/lunch. it is always fun and i enjoy getting to spend time with her. on the way up this last time i was with lauren and hyrum and we still stopped by to deliver some curtains my mom had purchased for kathy. we got there, but kathy was not around, we had not expected to get there so early and neither did kathy. she was off at a church meeting. so we had to be on our way without even getting to see her. it was a bummer. i was pretty excited for her to get to meet some of my friends. well, a few weeks ago i get a card in the mail, and who should it be from? aunt kathy. it said she was sorry she missed me and that she had wanted to treat my friends and i to dinner. it also contained some money which she told me to use to take them out. how sweet is that? it made my day, and lauren and hyrums as well. so, we decided to modify the plan just a little, and instead of us 3 going out to dinner we invited some other people over, and included my roomies and made chicken rolls, broccoli, rice, and brownies with ice cream for dinner/dessert one sunday. we also played cards and then did some mock speed dating and told each other our secrets. it was way fun/ny and the dinner was awesome!

our chicken rolls:
lauren and brandon "praying":
hyrum and i:
six of us at the table:
playing speed uno after dinner:
brandon and caty:
owen and i:
we have kind of been on a kick of actually making real food since then, since it was so delicious. it was a very good dinner and we were all really grateful that aunt kathy made it possible! i love you!

scripture of the day:
James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

today i am thankful for:
* aunt kathy.
* thoughtful people who put a smile on your face.
* my friends and roommates who are all awesome.
* amazing home teachers/fhe brothers who bless my life and help teach me lessons i need to learn or be reminded of.
* my family.
* the good influence other people can have on me.
* the temple.
* that i didn't really fail my nutrition test, my teacher just used the wrong key.

<3.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I sure have a nice sister and a smart daughter. Love them both a lot!

Angela said...

What a sweet story and such a kind Aunt. We sure are lucky to have Aunt Kathy.

missykac said...

What a good idea. Wow, you made the money and evening GO FAR. The dinner and the neat dining group sounded like lots of fun. Too bad I missed it! Well, thank you for letting me meet everyone even if it was only through pictures and your cute blog write up. Hope you are loving school.
Love ya,
Aunt Kathy