Tuesday, June 19, 2012

three of the greatest blessings i have ever received!.

as you have read, it has been a long busy weekend. to top the weekend off it was my turn to teach the relief society lesson on sunday. i was going off of a few hours of sleep from that night and the night before and knew i still had to do the fine tuning on my lesson. as i was kneeling on the ground preparing to say my prayers before i finished my lesson and thought to myself, maybe i'll just skip sacrament and sunday school so that i can get everything done, and then i heard in my mind "but you get to be with your roommates at church" and i just laughed and realized that there was no way i would ever give up an opportunity to be with my roommates. they are such a blessing to me. they bring me so much joy. i can't even begin to describe how much i love them. so this blog is to tell you all the reasons i love these three girls so much!

michelle:


michelle is so amazing. she is so good at sharing her emotions and feelings with others and letting them help her when life is hard. she has helped me to feel comfortable being myself no matter what. she and i love to joke around and laugh. but, she is also great at listening to me and discussing the things that are hard or stressful or even exciting in my life with me. she has helped me learn how to put the needs of others before myself and just always be aware of what other people need. she is from puerto rico, a convert, the only member in her family. she is pre-pa (physicians assistant) and she works so much harder than most people i have ever met. she is the relief society president this semester and is doing an amazingly fantastic job. i love her so much and am extremely grateful that she is my roommate.

morgan:


morgan is the epitome of being a woman of God. she is everything i hope to be when i grow up. the light of Christ is so apparent in her eyes. she helps me to grow and want to be better every day. her shy, yet funny ways remind me so much of myself. she inspires me to work hard and build my talents. she always knows the perfect thing to say to help me feel better or be better. she is an amazing artist, one day everyone will know who she is, i firmly believe that. it is astounding to me how quietly confident she is in what she believes and how she lives. she doesn't need to say what she is thinking or feeling because you can tell just by the way she lives her life. i love being able to be real with her. it is so easy to be yourself around her. she never makes me feel like i am not good enough and i am so grateful that she has been placed in my life. she is such a fantastic blessing in my life!

shelby:


shelby and i are practically the same person, only she is about a million times more talented than i am. she is a singer and a dancer. her dream/goal is to perform on broadway. she can do it too! she is so amazing. i love to be silly and joke around with her. she and i have so much fun together. i can't help but smile when i am with her. i always know that i can count on her to make me happy. when i spend time with her it's like i am my real true self. she allows me to be confident and sassy and full of life. i do things with her that i never imagined i would do in my life. she gives me faith that i can trust myself and do more than i believe. there are few people in my life who have helped me open up as much as shelby has. she has made a deeper more profound impact on my life in these few months than most people have made in my entire life. i love her so much and am unexplainably grateful to have her as my friend and roommate.

these three girls, together, have blessed my life so much. i was so afraid at the end of last semester, when i knew i was going to have to get all new roommates. it's always a gamble whether or not you will get  good roommates, or weird ones, or crazy ones. and i just prayed and prayed that i would get good roommates that i would be able to get along with and the Lord definitely went above and beyond and blessed me with far greater roommates than i could have ever imagined for myself and i am so grateful for that!

scripture of the day:
3 Nephi 24: 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in my house; and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of Hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

today i am thankful for:
* michelle.
* morgan.
* shelby.
* blessings from the Lord.

<3.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I am so glad that you have had awesome roommates! I loved visiting with your parents, Jessica and Shad last week.